Helios is proud to partner with My Green Lunch to provide a daily hot lunch option to the students and staff at Helios. Hot lunch must be ordered by 9am the day before service through the vendor’s website, and is delivered directly to the school by 11am each day.
So, why did we choose My Green Lunch? Helios cares not only about the physical, mental, and emotional health of our children, but we also care about the environment and the impact of non-sustainable food practices on our earth. My Green Lunch’s practices and values align with our values.
My Green Lunch is a locally owned and family operated business founded with a specific mission, to provide a delicious, fresh, nutritious, economical, and environmentally sustainable lunch program to Silicon Valley schools. We strive to source all of our food products (meats, dairy, fruits and vegetables) from sustainable family farms within a 250 mile radius of our commercial kitchen in Willow Glen. We are raising the bar on school lunch, offering multiple hot and cold entrees daily (meat & vegetarian), a seasonal organic fruit and vegetable. You’ll have a choice to select from at least (8) different options each day, ensuring that you have a wide variety of options that meet your child’s specific tastes and preferences.
The foods we provide are the same as you will find at Whole Foods, Sprouts, Trader Joe’s, and your local farmers market where we shop each week. Brands you can trust such as Clover Stornetta, Diestel Turkey, Niman Ranch, Applegate, Earthbound Farm, Udi’s, Sukhi’s, Coleman Natural, Annie’s, Organic Valley, and more.
My Green Lunch believes food should be about:
- Fresh – Food should come from farm to school, not the factory to school
- Education – Teaching children where your food comes from
- Sustainable – Teaching children that the choices they make affect the environment, including how we source food and the use of sustainable packaging
- Culture – Food should foster a sense of community and embody many cultures
- Health – Food should be real! – Free of chemicals, hormones, antibiotics, and pesticides
What Defines Our Food?
- Preservative and Chemical-Free
- Pesticide Free
- Locally Sourced – From Local Family Farms
- Sustainably Produced
- Free Range Dairy, Organic Eggs, and Humanely Raised Meats
Details to know:
- Days Offered: We will be providing lunch service (5) days a week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Lunch Menu: A calendar menu will be provided monthly in addition to a weekly email that will be sent out to registered users on the My Green Lunch ordering system. Weekly email will provide a friendly reminder if you have not placed an order as well as a description of the lunches offered in more detail.
- Pricing: My Green Lunch will be offering (2) meal sizes:
- 1. Regular portion size for $5.50
- 2. Large portion size for $6.25 (recommended for 4th and up)
- **Parents will be able to change their student’s default portion size of regular to large by editing their students profile.
- **Salads are priced at $6.50 and include side of fresh fruit and healthy snack
- **Some menu items such as Gluten Free Hamburger are approximately $.50 – .75 more for specialty breads.
- **Some lunch items will be priced at the “Regular” portion size if we are unable to make a “Large” size (EX. Organic Hot Dog).
- What’s in a lunch?: Each Lunch includes (3-4) items:
- 1. Hot/Cold Entree of choice (At least 8 options offered daily)
- 2. Fresh fruit
- 3. Healthy Snack & Fresh Vegetables
- Ordering: My Green Lunch is a pre-paid, pre-ordered service that utilizes a 100% on-line ordering system. (see below for “How to Order”).
- Ordering Deadline: In order to offer the freshest lunch possible while minimizing food waste, we have instituted a deadline of 1 day before lunch is served (Example: Sunday by 9:00AM for Monday lunch service)
- Allergies & Dietary Restrictions: My Green Lunch would like to work directly with parents of children who suffer from food allergies and restricted diets to ensure that your child can fully participate in the program. We offer gluten free, dairy free, and vegan options as indicated on the calendar menu provided each month.
Have questions, comments, or concerns? Contact My Green Lunch at firstname.lastname@example.org