Welcome to Helios Admissions 2017-18.
If you have questions about admissions please call (408) 475-0017 or email us at email@example.com. We have limited openings.
For the 2017-18 Admissions Season (applying for 2018-2019 school year), our system on Ravenna will open in late August 2017.
Helios School is one of the Bay Area schools using a web-based application called Ravenna Admit for the submission of online applications. Through Ravenna, you can manage your entire application online.
Here is a brief overview of the steps in the application process.
The last date to submit your application and fee of $100 is Monday, February 5, 2018. All other required forms and supplemental materials must be submitted by Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
To learn more about the school, sign up on Ravenna for an Information Night or Tour. School Tours can only be scheduled after attending an Information Night. The application fee is not required to sign up on Ravenna for an Information Night or Tour.
Steps 3 through 6 can be completed in any order.
- Create a Ravenna account: All of our admissions are handled through Ravenna.
- Submit Application and $100 fee. (You must submit an application fee before you can sign up for a workshop, shadow day, and parent interview).
- Sign up for an Information Night, a required step in the admissions process. Information Nights for K-4 are 6:30-8:30pm on October 5, November 2, December 5 and January 25 (this is a K-8 evening). Space is limited. Application fee is not required to sign up on Ravenna. for Info Night or Tour.
- Sign up for a workshop for students entering grades K-4. Kindergarten Workshops: 1:15-3:15pm on November 16, December 7, January 18 and February 15. 1st/2nd Workshop: 1:15-3:15pm on March 1, 3rd/4th Workshop: 8:15-11:15am on February 8.
- Submit a Qualitative Assessment (QA), an IQ test or an Achievement Test and required supplemental forms (teacher evaluations and transcripts). A QA assessment is required for all applications to Kindergarten and 1st grade. Directions are provided through Ravenna for submission and all supplemental forms are due February 28.
- Schedule a Parent/Guardian Interview: A member of Helios staff will meet with both parents/guardians for 30 minutes to learn more about your child and to answer your questions. Please note that BOTH parents must attend.
- Return signed contract to Helios: In concert with our peer independent schools, applications decisions will be released on Ravenna at 12 noon on Thursday, March 15. If your child is offered a place, you will be emailed an enrollment contract. Helios will need to receive a signed contract from families by 10am on Friday, March 23. A signed contract with the required payment secures your child’s place in our program.
Identification of Giftedness
Please schedule your QA or IQ assessment as soon as possible in order to avoid disappointment and ensure completion well before the February 28 deadline. A QA assessment is required for all applications to Kindergarten and 1st grade.
Our preferred IQ Tests are the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children – Fourth Edition (WISC-IV) or the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children – Fifth Edition (WISC-V). Our preferred Achievement Tests are the Woodcock-Johnson Tests of Achievement – Third or Fourth Edition (WJ-III or WJ-IV)-Helios does not have a numeric cutoff for the full scale IQ.
Any candidate submitting only an IQ or Achievement Test must also complete QA forms and email them in one pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org, which are available below.
QA Forms to be completed by candidates submitting only the IQ test:
Tuition for 2017-18 School Year:
*Limited financial aid is available* Financial Aid applications are due Monday, February 5 2018.
Helios admits students of any race, age, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to its students. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, or any other classifications protected by law in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and athletic administered programs.
For more information about Helios, please visit us on Facebook.