Welcome to Helios Admissions.
If you have questions about admissions please call (408) 475-0017 or email us at email@example.com. We have limited openings.
We have tours of the school on May 3rd and May 11th. Please contact Admissions for time and to RSVP.
For the 2016-17 Admissions Season (applying for 2017-2018 school year), our system on Ravenna will open in late August 2016. Helios School is one of the Bay Area schools using a web-based application called Ravenna Admit for the submission of online applications. Through Ravenna, you can manage your entire application online.
Here is a brief overview of the steps in the application process. The last date to submit your application and fee of $100 is Friday, February 3, 2017. All other required forms and supplemental materials must be submitted by Friday, February 24, 2017.
To learn more about the school, sign up for an Information Night or Tour. School tours can be scheduled after attending an Info night. The application fee is not required to sign up on Ravenna for info night or tour.
Steps 3 through 6 can be completed in any order.
- Create a Ravenna account: All of our admissions are handled through Ravenna.
- Submit Application and $100 fee. (You must submit an application fee before you can sign up for a workshop, shadow day, and parent interview).
- Sign up for an Information Night, a required step in the admissions process. Information Nights for K-4 are 6:30-8:30pm on September 29, November 10 and December 6. Space is limited. Application fee is not required to sign up on Ravenna. for info night or tour.
- Sign up for a workshop for students entering grades K-4. Kindergarten Workshops: 1:00-3:30pm on November 10, December 15, January 12 and February 9, 1st/2nd Workshop: 1:00-3:30pm on February 16, 3rd/4th Workshop: 8:15-1:15pm on February 2.
- Submit a Qualitative Assessment (QA), an IQ test or an Achievement Test and required supplemental forms (teacher evaluations and transcripts). Directions are provided through Ravenna for submission and all supplemental forms are due February 24.
- Schedule a Parent/Guardian Interview: A member of Helios staff will meet with both parents/guardians for 30 minutes to learn more about your child and to answer your questions. Please note that BOTH parents must attend.
- Return signed contract to Helios: In concert with our peer independent schools, applications decisions will be released on Ravenna at 12 noon on Thursday, March 16. Helios will need to hear back from families by 10am on Thursday, March 23. If your child is offered a place, you will be emailed an enrollment contract. A signed contract with the required payment secures your child’s place in our program.
Identification of Giftedness
Please schedule your assessment as soon as possible in order to avoid disappointment and ensure completion before the February 24 deadline.
Our preferred IQ Tests are the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children – Fourth Edition (WISC-IV) or the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children – Fifth Edition (WISC-V). Our preferred Achievement Tests are the Woodcock-Johnson Tests of Achievement – Third or Fourth Edition (WJ-III or WJ-IV)-Helios does not have a numeric cutoff for the full scale IQ.
Any candidate submitting only an IQ or Achievement Test must also complete QA forms and email them in one pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org, which are available below.
QA Forms to be completed by candidates submitting only the IQ test:
Tuition for 2017-18 School Year:
*Limited financial aid is available* Financial Aid applications are due Friday, January 6, 2017.
Helios School admits students of any race, age, color, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at Helios School. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by California state and federal nondiscrimination laws respectively in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and athletic administered programs.
For more information about Helios, please visit us on Facebook.