Helios held its first monthly meeting of the Parent Discussion Group in October. Each month, the group will focus on a specific topic, share resources about the subject (books, articles, videos, podcasts, etc.) and dedicate some time to discuss how these subjects relate to parenting gifted children. At the first meeting, topics for the year were decided:
- Adult Giftedness
- Anxiety and Perfectionism - parents and kids
- Talking about Giftedness - to kids as well as other adults
- Technology and Social Media
- Emotional Intensities and Overexcitabilities
- Drugs and Alcohol - how and when do we talk to our kids about it
Our discussion groups are open to all Helios parents, so if you see a topic that interests you, drop-ins are welcome!